[IRCServices] i was pondering...

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Fri Oct 25 05:23:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 07:00:38PM -0700, Ron wrote:
> i know about how everyone LOVES to play with raw, and i was thinking... what
> about having services parse the stuff it sends out in raw, that way it
> doesn't get terribly desycned...
>
> just an idea i came up with, i really dont use raw

I have an even better idea! How about people who run Services on production
networks not use RAW since it really shouldn't be used. For those who don't
use Services on production grade networks, the desyncs shouldn't be much of
a problem.

In summary, I think a simple statement can be made. If you are going to
play with a blowtorch, at least know the consequences of what you do with
it before you do it instead of depending on the blowtorch not accidentally
setting things on fire. Put more simply, don't do stupid things and there
won't be any problem.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: 77042C7B
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org