[IRCServices] Official Debian Packaging

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sun Nov 10 04:05:02 PST 2002

     Thanks for your message.  To take your points in reverse order: the
binary data files used by Services are endian-independent, so they should
be able to go into /var/share.  (I haven't actually tested this, but I
don't use fwrite() anywhere except when writing strings, so there shouldn't
be any problems.  If there are, it's a bug. ;) )

     Services currently assumes all the data files are under a single
directory tree, and it'll take a bit of work to redo that; I'll look into
it, but I can't promise getting it done soon.  As a cheap hack, something
like the following (untested) should work, though it leaves a few symlinks
hanging around in /var/share/ircservices:

./configure -bindest /usr/bin -datdest /var/share/ircservices
make install
mkdir -p /usr/lib/ircservices
rm -rf /usr/lib/ircservices/modules
cp -a /var/share/ircservices/modules /usr/lib/ircservices/
rm -rf /var/share/ircservices/modules
ln -s /usr/lib/ircservices/modules /var/share/ircservices/
mkdir -p /usr/share/ircservices
rm -rf /usr/share/ircservices/languages
cp -a /var/share/ircservices/languages /usr/share/ircservices/
rm -rf /var/share/ircservices/languages
ln -s /usr/share/ircservices/languages /var/share/ircservices/
mkdir -p /var/log/ircservices
ln -fs /var/log/ircservices/ircservices.log /var/share/ircservices/
mkdir -p /etc/ircservices
mv -f /var/share/ircservices/example-*.conf /etc/ircservices/
ln -fs /etc/ircservices/{ircservices,modules}.conf /var/share/ircservices/

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/