[IRCServices] losing access on nickchange

Alexander Janssens alex at cyga.net
Wed Nov 20 16:51:01 PST 2002

It seems that nickserv seems to forget for which nick you have identified
after you changes nicks.

_-Alex-_ is registered, alex is registered to that, testnick is not
registered nor linked to anything.

[15:39:26] -> Server: chanserv op #help
[15:39:27] * ChanServ sets mode: +o _-Alex-_
[15:39:27] [CS] Opped _-Alex-_ on channel #help.

all is fine

[15:39:54] * _-Alex-_ is now known as Alex
[15:39:57] -> Server: chanserv op #help
[15:39:57] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Alex
[15:39:57] [CS] Opped Alex on channel #help.

here it works just fine too

[15:40:29] * Alex is now known as testnick
[15:40:31] -> Server: chanserv op #help
[15:40:31] [CS] Geen permissie.

Here it complains that I don't have the access to op myself (services are
set to start in dutch since most of our users are dutch speaking).
Now this makes me wonder, is it normal that we have our access as long as we
stay in our nickgroup, but loose it once we change to an unregistered nick?
If I change back to any of the nicks in my nickgroup, it remembers me, since
I get my access back without doing anything.  It seems most logical to me
(and useful) that we have our access once identified, no matter which nick
we use.

We're using ircservices-5.0.4 and bahamut-1.4.34

A second question was: how about making operserv showing the nicknames when
you check for sessions?  Like when you do /operserv session view
some.mask.com that it will not only show the amount of users but also which
nicknames they're using.

--
Alexander Janssens a.k.a. _-Alex-_