[IRCServices] option for /ns drop not to be so drastic ;)

Craig Edwards brain at brainbox.winbot.co.uk
Sun Nov 24 15:34:00 PST 2002

Just a quick thought, would it be possible to add a flag whereby /ns drop on a linked nick doesnt drop the nick plus all linked nicks, and functions more like /ns unlink? e.g. dropping LinkedNick thats linked to MainNick wont drop MainNick, just unlink it from MainNick? We keep getting people accidentally dropping nicks on our network in this manner, instead of using /ns unlink, and i think it would be a useful safety feature, as the only other way to solve it is to go back to old nick linking methods, where u must change to a nick then reg it, then link *back* to the old nick, and this is too much hassle for me and our users ;) Ideas anyone?

Craig Edwards <mailto:brain at brainbox.winbot.co.uk>
WinBot IRC client developer: http://www.winbot.co.uk
ChatSpike - The users network: http://www.chatspike.net
InspIRCd - Modular IRC server: http://www.inspircd.org