[IRCServices] mildly off topic?

Dylan v.d Merwe dylanvdm at icon.co.za
Tue Nov 26 11:46:01 PST 2002

For those that are interested here is a list of changes so far for
Unreal3.2-beta13 :

- Fixed problem where SSL handshakes weren't unknown--'ed on remove reported
  by Alzirr
- Compile fix regarding above fix
- Added vhost::swhois requested by FrostByghte (#0000171)
- Fixed a win32 password encryption bug when in NT service mode reported by
simonbell
  (#0000285)
- Fixed a problem with set::ssl::certificate and set::ssl::key that used
  ->ce_varname instead of ->ce_vardata. Found by badSol
- Added a newline in dynconf.h
- SSL debugging stuff
- Added some more debugging stuff, made check_pings a little more readable
- More SSL debugging stuff..
- A minor fix in SSL_is_inited stuff in s_bsd
- Fixed a bug with installing unreal as a services under NT4 reported by
peter (#0000295)
- Added the oper login the user has /oper'ed to in the 'is now an operator'
  notice. Suggested by havlaz (#0000287)
- Fixed a bug where aliases {} didn't use tokens reported by havlaz
(#0000288)
- Fixed a win32 editor bug when using chars with an ASCII code > 128,
reported by XircNet
  (#0000298)
- Fixed a bug in TKL found by DerAlSem where it was possible to add a line
for *@* (#0000307)
- Fixed a /who bug where /who +c #chan wouldn't display the name of the
channel
  requested reported by aproxity (#0000304)
- Fixed a bug where /who +c #chan would let you see users in a +s channel
- Added Nugget's setuid patch
- Made the IRC_UID stuff more proper..
- Removed some old debug code from the win32 debugger
- Compile warning cleanups
- Made the win32 version default to unsigned chars, and the linux version do
the same under gcc
- Added Syzop's various zero-terminate patches and fixes for crashes when
  you send commands like JOIN from a server directly
- Made channel keys be case sensitive
- Fixed a bug with /who -h in some cases, found by Zer0, fixed by butter
(#0000361)
- Changed auth method sslpubkey into sslclientcert, which means it will
check the X509 certificate of the
  user using X509_cmp. Also needing is some policy/conf setting to adjust if
to reject invalid client certificates or whatever..
- Added set::ssl::options, with three options:
    fail-if-no-clientcert   - If SSL client connects and doesn't provide a
client certificate, abort connection immediately
    verify-certificate      - Check the certificate's validity using X509
methods, check if we trust CA's, etc.
                              It however does slip self signed certificates
through UNLESS
    no-self-signed          - Don't allow self-signed certificates through
(requires verify-certificate)
- Made conf parser mention if we make a link->options with CONNECT_SSL if we
don't support SSL (and remove the CONNECT_SSL flag)
- Made conf parser mention if we make a SSL listener and we don't support
SSL
- Added set::ssl::trusted-ca-file, if enabled, it will point the SSL stuff
to use that file as trusted CA's (for verify-certificate)
- Made conf _not_ bitch that it doesn't know set::ssl
- Removed some leftover client certificate stuff
- Fixed bug #0000372 reported by MorPheus where Killed
(<everything-but-the-first-char-in-killer-letter-got-shown> (reason))
- Fixed bug #0000377 reported by MorPheus where IPs of servers were shown in
nick collision notices
- Fixed bug #0000371 reported by havlaz about an extra \n slipped in with
the TKL notice
- Fixed bug with all TKL commands not accepting nicks anymore (#0000370
reported by Ravage)
- Fixed bug #0000342 reported by James LiGate about tokens leaking through
from clients
- Removed some IPv6 resolver specifics that seemed illogical (reference to
Jollino's IPv6 crashes)
- Fixed crash bug in m_tkl_line

Won't be released for a little while but beta13 is going to be a good
release.

Dylan.

Network Administrator
The Omega IRC Network