[IRCServices] Problems connecting to tr-ircd5.

Tim Holmes tim at unixtechs.org
Wed Nov 27 20:19:01 PST 2002

I've tried looking through the archives, and I can't find anything
that's along these lines.  Perhaps I'm just not looking for the right
thing, but I figured I'd give the list a try then.

I built the tr-ircd5 with no problems, and ircservices built with no
problems either.

I ran through the ircservices.conf and modules.conf, following the HTML
doc that came with.  But I'm missing something.  When I run ircservices
it won't connect.  Here's the message I'm getting in the log:

------------>
[Nov 27 13:03:36 2002] httpd/main: Listening on 127.0.0.1:10667
[Nov 27 13:03:36 2002] unknown message from server (E :Closing Link:
0.0.0.0 (Invalid servername.))
[Nov 27 13:03:36 2002] Read error from server: Connection reset by peer
<------------

In my client, I'm seeing this:

------------>
*** Routing -- Unauthorized server connection attempt from
[192.168.0.2]: No entry for servername services.unixtechs.org
<------------

I've tried a number of things in my ircd.conf, but here's what it looks
like now:

------------>
servicesconf {
        chanserv_name = "ChanServ";
	nickserv_name = "NickServ";
	operserv_name = "OperServ";
	memoserv_name = "MemoServ";
	statserv_name = "StatServ";
	helpserv_name = "HelpServ";
	services_name = "192.168.0.2";
	hide_ulined_servers = yes;
};

I can't seem to find anything mentioning this, and I don't see any other
place where it would be asking for this.

Could anybody point me in the right direction please?  Thank you!
tdh

 T. Holmes  |  UNIXTECHS.org  |  tim at unixtechs.org  |  UIN:  17021091