[IRCServices] Odd Chanserv behaviour.. And some other thoughts

Reinis Rozitis reinis at apollo.lv
Thu Dec 19 04:09:01 PST 2002

Hi.
Recently I have upgraded to ircservices-5.0.6 and there are some weird
things with (or maybe this is supposed to be sou) Chanserv . And they are:

When a channel founder or sop joins chan Chanserv of course  sets them +qo
and +oa. But if the user sets himself +h or +v Chanserv immideatly removes
all chanmodes on him and it doesnt matter how long is the period between.It
looks like this:

 [23:56] * efix has joined #help
[23:56] * ChanServ sets mode: +oq efix efix
[23:57] * efix sets mode: +h efix
[23:57] * ChanServ sets mode: -ohq efix efix efix

And..

[00:00] * nensiya has joined #help
[00:00] * ChanServ sets mode: +oa nensiya nensiya
[00:00] * nensiya sets mode: +v nensiya
[00:00] * ChanServ sets mode: -ova nensiya nensiya nensiya

Though it doesnt happen with AOP users and using the /chanserv op or
/chanserv hop command..Maybe it isnt such a serious problem but as it wasnt
reported in KnownBugs and sometimes gets annoying I  would like to let you
know and maybe there is a quick solution how to get rid of it

Besides How about enabling the SENDPASS without mail-autentification
(mail-auth module)? The point is that I dont like and want the users to
confirm their registration through mail, cause its time consuming and not
always the user has some mail client or webmail interface near him (also the
knowledge of the users may be a dissadvantage). Providing valid mail is in
interests of the user and just if it isnt - the mail sent by ircservices
will be bounced or sent directly to /dev/null (whatever isnt responsibility
of ircservice anymore)) by  local MTA (or smtp server), mail-auth could be
optional for those who really want to be sure that there are no fake users.

 p.s. running on UnrealIrcd 3.2 - beta12

 With best regards..
roze at roze.lv