[IRCServices] Bug in mode locked keys in 5.0.6

Craig Edwards brain at brainbox.winbot.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 03:53:00 PST 2003

There has to be some way of doing this without use of a bot, e.g. in services. As it stands services gives away the key of a channel to whoever enters first, and this person may not be on the access list and/or may not be welcome so this is not a good idea. People have been known to use this as a way to steal a channel's key, and users will insist on security that involves nothing more than a mode locked key... so anything would be good, as we cant really say to users "the ability to lock a key is part of services but you shouldnt use it as it can be exploited" - if this is the case its not worth having the feature in the code at all :) ... Suggestions anyone?