[IRCServices] Memo notification and access-levels module.

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Jan 14 14:17:00 PST 2003

>Hello.
>
>Here are two questions, that seem tricky to me.
>
>1) is there no way of having channel aops/sops notified when a new channel
>memo arrives? /msg memoserv list #channel shows you how many memos there
>are, but no notification upon receive.

     This is a known issue; I plan to change how channel memos are handled
in a future version, but I haven't decided how yet.  (Please feel free to
debate the issue on this list.)

>2) When the chanserv/access-levels module is disabled, how can aops be
>allowed to recieve channel memos, as the LEVELS command does not exist,

     They can't.  If you want this behavior you need to enable the
access-levels module (or else modify the source code).

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/