[IRCServices] Raw

Russell Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Mon Jan 20 21:05:01 PST 2003

Reasons NOT to use raw:

- You can crash the services hub or even the whole network with one command.
- Little to no accountability.
- Some (most?) raw commands have repurcussions that you need a working
knowledge of ircd/services internals to understand.

And the #1 reason is:
- It's not actually useful (yay, you can svsnick people... why do you need
to? you can add services pseudo-clients to channels... and increase services
link traffic.)! I've yet to see a decent reason to use it.

Russ