[IRCServices] Raw

Ekim Engin ekim at hadiko.de
Mon Jan 20 21:51:00 PST 2003

On Monday 20 January 2003 20:18, Dylan v.d Merwe wrote:
> And the reason you would want to use SVSNOOP is because...? In Unreal
> you can use the 'quarantine flag in the class:: block. If a server is
> misbehaving then I would simply jupe them. There is no reason why
> anyone besides a coder or debugger should ever need to use RAW.
>
> Dylan.

well first of all, unreal is NOT the only deamon outside. There are many
more, and some are more suitable to ppls or networks needs.
AFAIK even Unreal has no remote rehash funktion which can also be
initiated with the SVSNOOP command.
We have a server in our network, which has quite some users on it, as
the adminstrator is ill for some time, we have no access to the machine
and ome oper who got deleted, or their operpass compromised are still
having an O line there. SVSNOOP is the easiest way of taking the thread
from the network, while keeping the users.

Greets Ekim