[IRCServices] unhappy restart quirks with 5.0.10 (was 5.0.9)

Arathorn arathorn at theonering.net
Sat Feb 22 10:55:09 PST 2003

Apologies for following up my own message here, but I fear that the
original may have dropped off the bottom of peoples' stacks in favour of
Bahamut protocol strife.

I essentially have only one question:

Does everyone's v5 IRCServices force all users to reidentify with NickServ
when services is restarted?  Or is this in fact the expected behaviour of
v5, meaning that I have misinterpretted the WhatsNew file?

If I am alone in experiencing this, is there a painfully obvious
misconfiguration which might result in this behaviour which is so obvious
that people have not yet deigned to clue me in on it?  I have tried every
trick I can think of (different ircds, different services versions, virgin
DBs, exporting & reimporting DBs) short of running things in debugging
mode - to no avail.

yours hopefully,

A.

Matthew Hodgson   arathorn at theonering.net   Tel: +44 7968 722968