[IRCServices] Merging...

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Feb 26 10:09:17 PST 2003

>My concern is that your average clueless user isn't going to know to /ns set
>hide email on - even if they're told to do it in bright red letters.

     If they're not concerned enough to even look into whether it can be
done, why should you be?  Besides, it's not like people's addresses aren't
publicly available from other places--if nothing else, anyone who has a
homepage probably already has their address harvested.

     If you really want to do this for them, you can either (1) do /ns set
<nick> hide email on for every registered nick (if you were clever, you
could even write a script to do it for you) or (2) wipe the databases clean
and make everyone re-register after you've set NSDefHideEmail in the config
file.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/