[IRCServices] command is temporarily unavailable?

Ian R. Justman ianj at esper.net
Sat Mar 8 22:53:52 PST 2003

Andrew Church wrote:
>>I have bahamut 1.4.35 and ircservices 5.0.11 properly installed on my =
>>network.
>>What could be the problem?
>

> (1) Bahamut 1.4.35 is not supported.

Suggestion to the message's original author if you want to use something later:

Use what we at EsperNet use, Tiamat, which is a modified version of Bahamut.

We will likely try to merge in functionality in later versions of Bahamut,
but Andy has made it clear to us that he does not want to support Baha
1.4.35 and later.

Further note that Tiamat has some of what I consider to be "over-the-top"
functionality which can be abused ripped out such as SVSNICK, as well as
stuff we consider pointless, such as ident checks, and the like.

If you want those functions back, you will either have to use an older
version of Bahamut or some other ircd that Services DOES support.

--Ian R. Justman, Co-Founder and Postmaster, The EsperNet IRC Network.

-----
Ian R. Justman                  ianj at esper.net (Official EsperNet business)
Co-Founder and Postmaster, The EsperNet IRC Network
Server Administrator, chocobo.esper.net "IJ" on IRC

PGP/GPG keys available upon request, or from any PGP keyserver.