AW: [IRCServices] ircservices and support for/of IPv6

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Mar 11 01:06:37 PST 2003

The answer to this question is simple.
Services could have had used char arrays of fixed sizes to store
hostnames, which could be too small for ipv6 addresses.

Look at the definition of HOSTIPLEN in several ircds, those,
which support IPv6 have HOSTIPLEn=53, those who do not have it set
to 15.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |