AW: AW: [IRCServices] ircservices and support for/of IPv6

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Mar 12 04:19:30 PST 2003

What I would say in this case is, that there will certainly be hosts,
Of which the address cannot be resolved by the ircd, so that the
hostname
Will appear in ipv6 address.

Moreover, the NICK line of certain ircds, can only do conversion of
Ipv4 addresses into the longip, but ipv6 addresses cannot be converted
In such a way, so that they probably (on tr-ircd for sure) appear as
strings.

Since services does support SZLINE, which depends on the IP of the user,
Services must work correctly when storing ip addresses received via the
NICK line.

If services would try storing them into u->ip where ip is char ip[15];
You would then live in interesting times.

Thats my case, which means, services should check if there are arrays of
fixed sized,
Which would be too small for ipv6 addresses. Its not only doing
connection.
Its more.

Regards;
Yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |