[IRCServices] Garbage Trailing FounderPass When Using convert-db on PTlink.Services2.17.0 Database

PJ PJ at EliteGamer.com
Tue Apr 29 03:08:45 PDT 2003

Hello everyone. Great Services.

I am currently researching the possibility of a network I IRCop on switching
to your IRCServices. We are currently running an extremely old Service
Daemon, PTlink.Services2.17.0. I ran our databases through your convert-db
application. Everything looks good except for all the founderpass entries
have trailing garbage. In the example I am pasting below, I set the
founderpass to be 'l33t' and the convert-db app spits out the following:

<founderpass>l33t&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0;&#0
;&#0;|\&#15;@hC&#7;&#0;&#240;&#193;&#7;&#8;</founderpass>

As you can see, the password itself is intact, however it is apparently
reading too far beyond the password in the database, or something.

We can most likely parse this garbage out on our own, but I thought I would
report it, and possible see if it can be fixed.

Thank you.
-Paul