[IRCServices] [NickServ doesn't change Nicknames/killUsers]Update

Federico Gentile gentfede at pt.lu
Sun May 4 10:07:09 PDT 2003

Hi,

> No. An ircd should never be U-lined. I have witnessed (as well as heard
of)
> some very "interesting" scenareos when this happens, and the outcome isn't
> very pleasant. Only services and stats servers should be U-lined.

Yes, only the services had and have U:Lines on the network.
So, yesterday I downloaded the UnrealIRCd 3.2-beta16 for windows (for
testing on my windows machine, let's call it C). I installed it and linked
it with the other 2 servers.

The linking config is now this:
A --> CNHU --> services
A --> CNH --> B
A --> CNH --> C
B --> CNH --> A
B --> U --> services
C --> CNH --> A
C --> U --> services

(I have made a picture for better understanding:
http://no0dle.canna.biz.lu/irclinks.JPG
You can look at the COMPLETE conf of the servers here:
http://no0dle.canna.biz.lu/unreal-config/)

The strange thing is, that on server A & C NickServ works correctly:
************
[18:07:22] -NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is
your nickname, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise, please
choose a different nickname.
[18:07:23] -NickServ- If you do not change within one minute, I will change
your nickname.
************

On B I get only:
[18:07:22] -NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is
your nickname, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise, please
choose a different nickname.
and NickServ takes no further action (as described in previous mails).

I don't know what to do ... ALL server has U:Lines for the services ... :(

thanks
- Federico :(((((