[IRCServices] ircservices with hybrid

Ian R. Justman ianj at esper.net
Sun May 11 18:46:14 PDT 2003

Slowking50 at aol.com wrote:
> Just noticing your post :) Anyway, I wrote a hybrid.c and a set of patches from making IRCServices compatible with Hybrid. You can read about it in the IRCServices-coding archive :) Anyway, here's the contents of my last post, feel free to test these, I've gotten two different Hyb nets with over 1000 users testing these patches, and from what I've heard and seen they're working great.
>

>>Okay, here are the issues and solutions:
>>
>>1) Hybrid requires an online nick to set remote klines. So I imported s_OperServ to set all akills.
>>
>>2) In order to cut down on patches, I put the topic handler in hybrid.c via register_messages. This turns out to be a bad hack, since I can't find a way to call cb_topic.
>>
>>3) Remote JOINs need a timestamp. Use the following patch on modules/chanserv/check.c:
>>
>>http://www.angelfire.com/az3/d-mstats/check.diff
>>
>>4) Implementing into modules/protocol/Makefile:
>>
>>http://www.angelfire.com/az3/d-mstats/make.diff
>>
>>And finally:
>>
>>http://www.angelfire.com/az3/d-mstats/hybrid.c
>>
>>I hope this works this time :) It's been tested plenty,
>>thanks to kryptik and animenetworks for the help.

One of the folks on Aniverse wrote a module for the latest versions of
Hybrid.  I am going to be testing it and will report on it soon.

--Ian R. Justman, Co-Founder and Postmaster, The EsperNet IRC Network.

-----
Ian R. Justman                  ianj at esper.net (Official EsperNet business)
Co-Founder and Postmaster, The EsperNet IRC Network
Server Administrator, chocobo.esper.net "IJ" on IRC

PGP/GPG keys available upon request, or from any PGP keyserver.