[IRCServices] NickServ Register..

Craig McLure Craig at chatspike.net
Sat Jul 19 11:40:13 PDT 2003

I've noticed every now and then we get a user, who because they have entered the wrong syntax for the 'Register' command, have thought that their email address was invalid..

Using the Commands:
/ns register <email> <pass>

Returns the Responce:
[18:33] -NickServ- E-mail addresses must be in the form username at hostname. You may not use colors, bold, underline, or reverse, or any of these characters: , : ; | \ " ( ) < > [ ]

Which for users (that dont RTFM) can be very confusing.. Although this doesnt happen often, i've seen users do things like get new email accounts over it..

Just as a suggestion, could a reminder of the syntax be put in with the 'Invalid Email Address' responce? Or you could make services check the password that has been given, and if it matches what an email address would look like, (something at something.something) along with an invalid password, just give a small note :)

 *     Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
 * InspIRCd   - http://www.inspircd.org
 * ChatSpike  - http://www.chatspike.net
 * WinBot     - http://www.winbot.co.uk