[IRCServices] Bug Report, hopefully got all the info

Jeffery Kam jskam at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 26 06:37:05 PDT 2003

Ok this is an abnormal bug that results in services to PANIC and crash.

[07.15.11 am] ServerNotice:Notice -- netsplit: test <-> serv by Darkj
(Darkj)
[07.15.11 am] ServerNotice:Global -- from services.clanofdarkness.org:
PANIC! buffer = :Darkj SQUIT test.nowhere.com :Darkj
[07.15.11 am] WallOps:hub.clanofdarkness.org Received SQUIT
services.clanofdarkness.org from services.clanofdarkness.org[127.0.0.1]
(Services terminating: Bus error)
[07.15.11 am] ServerNotice:Notice -- netsplit: serv <-> hub. by
hub.clanofdarkness.org (Services terminating: Bus error)

Ok, basically, anytime an SQUIT happens with any server, services dies,
this includes when I squit juped servers.  I am able to recreate this
everytime.

Currently, I'm running ircservices5.0.21 with bahamut.

I've tried to look at the mailing lists to see if anyone else has this
problem, but it didn't seem that way.

Another thing, with this bug there is no core file created, so I am
unable to provide a backtrace.

I hope I reported this bug properly, thanks.

Darkj