[IRCServices] Feature Request - SVSMODE vs SVS2MODE with Unreal

Craig McLure Craig at chatspike.net
Mon Mar 22 17:53:47 PST 2004

I agree with this, also, at the end of the day, 90% of users dont want to know they are +r, and probably 70% of them dont even know what +r is. I cant (personally) see any practical use for it. Generally the message 'Password accepted, you are now identified, have a nice day' is enough to say they have identified properly. If they really wanted to know, as has been mentioned by everyone before they can do a /mode. If someone can give me five valid reasons why a user should know that they have had the +r mode added, i'd concider thinking about it more. Untill then, i'm personally happy with SVSMODE.

 *     Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
 * InspIRCd   - http://www.inspircd.org
 * ChatSpike  - http://www.chatspike.net

 * From    - Andrew Church <achurch at achurch.org>
 * To      - ircservices at ircservices.za.net <ircservices at ircservices.za.net>
 * Sent    - 2004-03-23 10:00:34
 * Subject - Re: [IRCServices] Feature Request - SVSMODE vs SVS2MODE with Unreal

/****** - Begin Original Message - ******/