[IRCServices] Bug in 'CS info all'? (NS/CS-identifed founder)

Wolfgang Urban ircservices at tou.de
Wed Mar 24 11:10:59 PST 2004

Hi all,

since i got no response on my last post concerning the 'ChanServ info
all'-question/bugreport, i conclude that my problem was too difficulty
explained. So i made an example to show what i meant:

1. Register a nick and a channel.

-> *nickserv*   register xxxxxx
=NickServ=   Nickname mynick has been registered to you.
-> *chanserv*   register #mychan xxxxxx x
=ChanServ=   Channel #mychan registered under your nickname: mynick

2. Reconnect to lose any identified-status and identify for the nick (not
the channel).

-> *nickserv*   identify xxxxxx
=NickServ=   Password accepted -- you are now recognized.

3. You now have founderlevel in #mychan and can change everything, also
founder, successor and password. Set the successor.

-> *chanserv*   set #mychan successor othernick
=ChanServ=   Successor for #mychan changed to othernick.

4. Even as founder "info all" doesn't show you the successor, you were able
to set shortly ago.

-> *chanserv*   info #mychan all
=ChanServ=   Information for channel #mychan:
=ChanServ=   Founder: mynick
=ChanServ=   Description: x
=ChanServ=   Registered: Mar 24 18:44:31 2004 CET
=ChanServ=   Last used: Mar 24 18:48:20 2004 CET
=ChanServ=   Options: Topic Retention, Secure
=ChanServ=   Mode lock: +nt

5. Only if you identify with the chanpass, you are able to really see all
values:

-> *chanserv*   identify #mychan xxxxxx
=ChanServ=   Password accepted -- you now have founder-level access to
#mychan.
-> *chanserv*   info #mychan all
=ChanServ=   Information for channel #mychan:
=ChanServ=   Founder: mynick
=ChanServ=   Successor: othernick             <<<==
=ChanServ=   Description: x
=ChanServ=   Registered: Mar 24 18:44:31 2004 CET
=ChanServ=   Last used: Mar 24 18:50:12 2004 CET
=ChanServ=   Options: Topic Retention, Secure
=ChanServ=   Mode lock: +nt

The "info all" command works only for services-admins and
chanserv-identified users. For all others (including nickserv-identified
founders), it works like "info". Maybe there is some (historical) reason for
that, but I think, if you have the permissions to change values, you should
also be able to view them. Or it's just a bug. ;)
So i suggest to change is_identified() simply to is_founder().

Wolle