[IRCServices] nsforcenickchange

kynan lalone thekynanbud at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 10:34:05 PDT 2004

I have scanned the mailing lists for this problem, and
I see it is a common problem.. although solutions
offered have not been helping.

I am using
Unreal3.2-RC2fix build 1.1.1.1.2.1.2.36 2004/03/07
22:25:59
Slackware 9.1
ircservices-5.0.29

My problem is this:
When a registered nick is attempted to be used a
message is thrown:
-NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected.
If it is your nickname, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY
password.  Otherwise,
+please choose a different nickname.

But that is it.  There is no furtherer action taken.
No one minute delay.. no kill.. no nickforce change
action taken.  Users have found this out pretty
quickly during testing stages and have staged
themselves to be other users.

NSForceNickChange is enabled in modules.conf

in unrealircd my U:lines are as follows:
ulines {
        127.0.0.1;
};

mail-auth is not enabled and will probably not.  I
have caught word that nsforcenickchange will only work
once the user has authed, but it seems the users have
authed although no auth command was sent by any user..
demonstrated..
-NickServ-   Time registered: Mar 30 13:23:53 2004 CST
If auth is the problem is there a way to tell the user
to msg the auth code?  It would be great if I could
have both nsforcenickchange and msg auth code instead
of email :)
This is just a one server irc network, running both
UnrealIRCd and ircservices.  Everything seems to be
working so far.. except this.

Help will be greatly appreciated as I have been at
this problem for a long while.

Kynan