[IRCServices] nsforcenickchange&In-Reply-To=

Freddie Agricola derfy at derfy.net
Mon Apr 5 13:52:16 PDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:40:12 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Ok... I have done you have said and enabled these
>options...
>
>Now the nick force change works... sort of...
>It says it's changing .. but doesn't eg
>NickServ: This nickname has been registered; you may
>not use it. Your nickname is now being changed to
>Guest350711211.
><temporal> My nick hasn't changed
>
>This only works with newly registered accounts
>
>I removed nsforcechange as I thought there was some
>problem unrealircd's nickforcechange options... now
>the operation is quite sparatic
>
>Sometimes you will killed. sometimes you will be told
>your nick is being changed and it isn't..  The only
>effective thing that ever happens if I am using epic,
>and epic detects that your nick is going to be changed
>or you are going to be killed and does it for you..
>

>How do I render this problem fixed?

ISTR this being a bug in the nick changing code.  One of our resident
coders on our network found the command being sent wasn't correct.  The
SVSNICK format wasn't correct.  Check your ircservices.log for
"permission denied, you are not an irc operator" directed to a server.
Then look in your protocols/unreal/<some file, prolly nickserv.c> for
the nick changing code.  Oh, and know what you're doing, because I sure
don't.