[IRCServices] nsforcenickchange

kynan lalone thekynanbud at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 06:18:59 PDT 2004

Ok... Ok... This is becomming quite an issue :)  Here
is what I have done to fix using your suggestions, and
here is the undesired results.

I changed
link            services.ircwayoxbay
{
        username        *;
        hostname        localhost;
        bind-ip         *;
        port            7029;
        leaf            *;
        password-connect "LiNK";
        password-receive "LiNK";
        class           servers;
                options {
/*
                        autoconnect;
                        ssl;
                        zip;
*/
                };
};

and..

ulines {
        localhost;
};

(Notice the only changes were changing 127.0.0.1 to
localhost as the last suggestion was ulines needed a
hostname, not an IP)

and Now the results are:
My nick is still not changed/and I am not killed
(unless a client such as epic changes itself)  After
my nick isn't changed, I can change it to another
nick... and then try to change it back but the the
server says its inuse.  After a quick /whois I get
*** temporal is enforcer at ircwayoxbay (NickServ
Enforcement)
*** on irc via server services.ircwayoxbay
(IRCWAY_OXBAY Services)
*** temporal : End of /WHOIS list.
I thought enforcer was only for when NickServ was in
use by a user when services restarted...... confusing?
yes.

Truly yours - more and more confused daily,
Kynan.