[IRCServices] Feature Request: SA can modify every NS acc list

Wolfgang Urban ircservices at tou.de
Mon Apr 12 07:42:21 PDT 2004

Hi,

at our net we have lot of users running unattended bouncers. Some of these
bouncers have no auto identify on logon and start to 'fight' with the
services after a reconnect. Means: They change to a registered nick,
services change their nick to a guest nick and so on - i'm sure you all know
this situation.

I see the following options to cope with this problem (manually, as sadmin):
- ban the user in one of his channels to stop nick changes
  You need chanop-privileges in one of the users channels. If the bouncer
  reconnects, you have the same problem.

- kill/kline the user
  Very hard method with low effect. BNC continues annoying by (quickly)
  reconnecting servers.

- drop the nick
  There should be no reason to drop other users nick.. :)

- disable the kill-option for the nick
  Working solution, but opens a security hole: Other users can use the nick.

- add the ident/host mask to the nick accesslist
  IMHO the best solution. I'm not a fan of changing other users options, but
  compared to the alternatives it's the easiest and friendliest method.

The problem is, that you can only modify your own nick access list, even as
sadmin. It would be very helpful if sadmins could modify the nick
access lists of any user like they can change the nick options for everyone.

Wolle