[IRCServices] Chanserv UNBAN Bug

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sun Apr 18 18:38:04 PDT 2004

>As I figured from the version change log, this issues has not been fixed and still produces the same effect on .30

     You're using Unreal, yes?  I looked into the problem, and it seems
that Unreal is applying bans based on client IP address as well as real and
fake hostmasks.  The problem with this is that the Unreal protocol doesn't
send client IP addresses to other servers (Services included), so Services
doesn't have any way to tell whether a given ban will match a client's IP
address.  In short, you're SOL unless you can switch to another ircd.  I'll
note this in the FAQ for the next release.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/