[IRCServices] Feature: nickchange and guestnickprefix

Alexander_Zverev at oxy.com Alexander_Zverev at oxy.com
Fri Apr 30 01:46:00 PDT 2004

> Torbjo"rn Svensson
> Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 2:29 PM

> I agree with Andrew, I don't think it's a good thing to use
> an ordinary nick as a base for generated nicks. That would if
> something, confuse the people talking to [s]he in the
> channels. Please continue using the Guestnick thing :)

Many nicks have one base, and this is not a problem.

Torbjo
Torbjo1965
Torbjo1
Torbjo_
Svensson
Svensson_
_Svensson

And so on and so on, on big irc-network this is normal.
What you will do with this persons, that use nick, like yours?
Ask them to change it? It will be funny.

As I see, there is no problem to implement this in anyway, Andrew "DON'T
WANT TO IMPLEMENT IT."

The end.