[IRCServices] Startup problem

Mark van Cuijk mark at phedny.net
Sun May 16 08:52:35 PDT 2004

Trido wrote:

>link            irc.swallegiance.com
>{
> username *;
> hostname  ircservices at 69.28.183.209;
> bind-ip  *;
> port   12701;
> hub             *;
> password-connect "password";
> password-receive "password";
> class           servers;
>  options {
>   ssl;
>   zip;
>   md5;
>  };

To make this work, your services ServerName must be
irc.swallegiance.com. To me it's more likely this is the name of the
IRCd server itself, so you should probably change it to
services.irc.swallegiance.com or something you like. Anyway, it should
match the name you specify for ServerName in the ircservices.conf file.

Then you should make the hostname be only 69.28.183.209, without the
username in front of it.
Also, the ssl, zip and md5 options should be removed and I suggest to
remove the hub line to, since services will not link to any other host.

Since your log file shows

> [May 15 23:29:57 2004] unknown message from server (ERROR :Link denied
> (No matching link configuration) [@69.28.183.209.6677])

I think you're using port 6677 for services and not 12701.

- Mark