[IRCServices] [Module] Botserv coming sometime soon

Craig McLure Craig at frostycoolslug.com
Wed May 19 17:57:23 PDT 2004

hi w00t..
when it comes to databases in services for things like botserv, or other modules, its best to create your own. (Contact me on the insp forums, and i'll see if i can help you out more..)

Just as a matter of interest, how did you manage to bypass the problem with BotServ recieving the relevant information from services? Services arnt designed to join channels, and thus, other services dont get told if they do. Also, how did you manage to parse Private messages? Although you can remove the Deaf modes on services, it causes a LOT of overhead, and is generally better left ignored.

I wouldnt mind viewing a copy of your source at some point, to see how you combatted some of the major problems when it comes to modules like this.

cya :)

/****************************************
 *     Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
 *       Craig at FrostyCoolSlug.com
 * InspIRCd   - http://www.inspircd.org
 * ChatSpike  - http://www.chatspike.net

 * From    - Robin Burchell <Robin.Burchell at oxley.nsw.edu.au>
 * To      - ircservices at ircservices.za.net <ircservices at ircservices.za.net>
 * Sent    - 2004-05-19 23:48:14
 * Subject - [IRCServices] [Module] Botserv coming sometime soon

/****** - Begin Original Message - ******/