[IRCServices] Check password without IDENTIFY

Medice medice at gmx.at
Sat May 29 04:38:17 PDT 2004

Mark van Cuijk wrote:
> That is just my problem, pass-encrypting IS enabled.

Well in this case it is - hm - not good ;)
In fact I get only one terribly awful kind-of-work-around procedure in
mind: let your bot try to identify himself with the given password on
the given nick/chan - if services reply positive - the pass might be the
correct one.
But this one is NOT really elegant and I would consider it a
high-security-risk and identifying for foreign nicks/chans is in my
opinion abusive...

is it too complicate for users to learn some simple commands or to read
the help for getting commands they want?

greets
/medice