[IRCServices] Check password without IDENTIFY

Craig McLure Craig at frostycoolslug.com
Sun May 30 18:41:00 PDT 2004

I feel this needs to be pointed out,

Currently, Nickserv generally kills users after 5 invalid passwords. This module apparently provides a way for users to 'test' passwords without any cause for alarm.

This also means people will be able to brute force passwords using this command.

I thought i would point this out as it can be concidered a threat.

 *     Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
 *       Craig at FrostyCoolSlug.com
 * InspIRCd   - http://www.inspircd.org
 * ChatSpike  - http://www.chatspike.net
 * Sent    - 2004-05-30 18:07:18
 * Subject - Re: [IRCServices] Check password without IDENTIFY

/****** - Begin Original Message - ******/