[IRCServices] IRC Services 5.1 Features

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Jul 14 10:46:08 PDT 2004

>I'm just curious what kind of new stuff we should be expecting in IRC
>Services 5.1. Have you got a plan for what you'd like to add or is it
>going to be what people suggest?

     I'm always open to suggestions, but here are some of the things I'm
thinking about:

- At least some progress toward support for MySQL/etc. databases
- A wider variety of statistics from StatServ
- More flexible logging (e.g. separate "main" log and "event" log)
- Some way to simplify the configuration process (a configuration module
  for the HTTP interface, for example)

     And before anyone asks (because I know someone will...), no, I won't
add a BotServ.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/