[IRCServices] MemoServ Info Display Bug

Bergee lordbergee at comcast.net
Wed Jul 14 16:39:51 PDT 2004

Howdy all,
	Found a little bug in the MemoServ info command's display.  If you have
a registered nickname (no special admin privileges) and execute /msg
memoserv info you'll see:

-MemoServ- You currently have no memos.
-MemoServ- Your memo limit is 20.
-MemoServ- You will be notified of new memos at logon and when they arrive.

Now type /msg memoserv info someoneelse (someoneelse doesn't even have
to be a registered nickname) and you will see:

-MemoServ- someoneelse currently has no memos.
-MemoServ- someoneelse's memo limit is 20.
-MemoServ- someoneelse is notified of new memos at logon and when they
arrive.

Just a minor display problem as MemoServ still provides you with the
information about your nickname and not whatever you may tell it.  I
believe MemoServ should just ignore the invalid parameter you pass to it
and still use "you" and "your" in its output.  I have tested this with
IRCServices 5.0.36 on Red Hat Linux 9.0 linked to Unreal 3.2.1. :)

Bergee