[IRCServices] Unreal modelock issue

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Jul 15 12:25:16 PDT 2004

> > This is questionable, and adds some complexity to services, imo, at
> > the end of the day, if you can SET mlock +A and +O, then you can also
> > unset it. making 'Only admin can set this mlock' code redundant.
>
>	I was actually trying to suggest that similar to how ChanServ treats
>+r, a normal user simply not be allowed to include modes O or A in the
>mode lock at all. :)

     Which, as Craig says, requires more complexity than the current code
(which doesn't differentiate between opers and regular users at all).
This is my main technical objection to adding such a feature--the added
complexity outweighs the (negligible) benefit provided.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/