[IRCServices] Suggestion: AKICK kick reason format change

arcane ircservices at utonet.org
Sun Jul 18 18:08:19 PDT 2004

I can definitely see the validity of this claim.  As much as founders
wish their chanops were perfectly behaved, this "bug" is a marvelous way
to trick many ordinary users into thinking someone else banned them.

If, however, you want usage of AKICK to remain anonymous, ChanServ could
at least have it be prefixed with "AKICK", "(AKICK)", or something
similar.  Personally I think just saying "AKICK by nickname" is
acceptable since it's not like many other ChanServ features are
anonymous anyway.

No matter what route this takes, I think it should definitely show who
placed an AKICK somewhere.

Arcane - UtoNet Service Administrator