[IRCServices] Exception Del Crash Bug

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon Aug 30 11:22:16 PDT 2004

>I used the 'exception del' command and started getting weird occurrences =
>on the exception list... like blank entries...
[...]
>and I also got corrupted entries as well...
[...]
>Finally services just crashed...
>
>[16:47:10] |G/O| <services.serenia.net> PANIC! signal 11 (no buffer)

     Well, I've looked through the code and done some tests myself, but I
haven't been able to find or reproduce the problem.  If you can provide a
debug log and backtrace, that would be the most help.  Alternatively, can
you send me (privately) a copy of the exception database (exception.db)
with which the problem occurs, and the exact command which triggered the
problem?  (There are two different code paths for EXCEPTION DEL, so I need
to know exactly what parameter you gave to the command.)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/