[IRCServices] BUG: Linking Services Nicknames..

M. van Cuijk mark at phedny.net
Mon Oct 18 13:00:56 PDT 2004

Hi,

Just try it before asking ;)

21:56:37 <mark> LINK ChanServ
21:56:37 -NickServ(services at irc.phedny.net)- Nickname ChanServ may not
be linked.

So to me it seems alright, untill trying some more:

21:57:12 <mark> LINK OperServ
21:57:12 -NickServ(services at irc.phedny.net)- Nickname OperServ may not
be linked.
21:57:14 <mark> LINK StatServ
21:57:14 -NickServ(services at irc.phedny.net)- Nickname StatServ has been
linked to your nickname.
21:57:30 <mark> LINK Global
21:57:30 -NickServ(services at irc.phedny.net)- Nickname Global has been
linked to your nickname.
21:57:35 <mark> LINK NickServ
21:57:35 -NickServ(services at irc.phedny.net)- Nickname NickServ may not
be linked.
21:57:42 <mark> LINK MemoServ
21:57:42 -NickServ(services at irc.phedny.net)- Nickname MemoServ may not
be linked.

It seems that StatServ and Global are not protected. In what degree is
this a security issue? I don't seem to be able to use GHOST or RECOVER.
Anyway it would be good to fix this anyway...

- Mark