[IRCServices] Clarification with unreal.c

Kieron Thwaites ron2k at webmail.co.za
Fri Oct 22 00:43:11 PDT 2004

OK, I'll start this off by saying that I know nothing about
C programming...

Anyway, I was feeling bored, so I was reading over unreal.c
and I noticed this in the "new channel user modes" section:

    {'h', {0x00000004,1,1,'%'}},	/* Half-op */

Now, I'm probably horribly wrong, but the "%" probably
denotes the user prefix (since halfop's nicks are prefixed
with a %).

If I'm right, then take a look at the next two lines:

    {'a', {0x00000008,1,1,'~'}},
    {'q', {0x00000010,1,1,'*',MI_CHANOWNER}},

Assuming that my above premise is correct, this code
wouldn't be correct, as +a gets the & prefix and +q the ~
prefix in UnrealIRCd. I haven't yet tried changing this
code to see what happens; I'll give that a go this evening.

Of course, I could be horribly, horribly wrong... if I am,
would someone mind correcting me on this?

(By the way. I will not be impressed if I receive an
auto-reply.)
For super low premiums ,click here http://www.dialdirect.co.za/quote