[IRCServices] Notice Bug

EpicIRC Administration admin at epicirc.net
Thu Feb 17 22:20:06 PST 2005

Hello... I have noticed a little error, and I just wanted to post here to
see if anyone had already posted regarding it, or if it was the first time.

I run an IRC Network with Unreal3.2.2b and ircservices-5.0.41

When I send a global notice that is fairly long it appears that the
character ":" shows up in the notice.  If I were to just sent a global
notice as an oper, Unreal would cut the message off before the ":" would
appear, so this only occurs with services.

I have noticed it in Channel Join Notices, Network Connect Notices, and
Global Notices.  Below is an example:

-------------------------- Sending the notice with OperServ global
-------------------------

[11:30pm] -Global- [Network Notice] Our network has been experiencing a
major increase of unattended bots connecting. We are taking many defensive
actions to make sure that they do not interrupt the normal activity of the
network. If you receive a CTCP LAG, please ignore it, as it is our Opers
running :a scan to detect malicious bots. If you have any questions, please
join #Help and speak to an Oper. - XanaX, Sr. Network Admin.

------------------------ Sending the same notice as an oper, and not with
services -----------------------

[11:32pm] -XanaX- [Network Notice] Our network has been experiencing a major
increase of unattended bots connecting. We are taking many defensive actions
to make sure that they do not interrupt the normal activity of the network.
If you receive a CTCP LAG, please ignore it, as it is our Opers running a
scan to detect malicious bots. If you have any questions, please join #Help
and spe

As you can see, Unreal cuts the message off when I send it as an oper.  It
doesnt get past the word "speak".  But if you notice in the notice sent my
Services, there is "Opers running :a scan to detect".  The : is definatly
not in my notice.

Any help or assistance regarding this would be great.  Just thought it
should be noted for any future releases.

Thank you for your hard work & development of open-sourced software.

XanaX
irc.epicirc.net