[IRCServices] Chanserv UNBAN bug?

JASON M dawgclan at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 18 04:29:33 PST 2005

using /msg chanserv unban #channel doesn't remove every possible mask for your account? So it's pretty useless for example if a user used ?'s as character replacements. I am just re-writing a ban protection script and have fixed that issue simply replacing my match ?'s with *'s. I realise this may not be 100% but mIRC doesn't check ?'s in it's iswm match... So it's either immence cpu to calculate the formula with each character for every ? Or replace with a *.

Anyway IRC Services should unban anything relevent to your account. The IP address which can be grabbed from the server? The current vhost for oper/NeoStats etc which would be in use? The original hostname from connect i.e. ip.yourisp.net which must be available because it's in whois information?

I think at current it's not fully working.

Regards,

Jason Mainwaring
A+ Service Technician
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
MCSA Messaging
Certified Novell Administrator
Phone: (02) 9908 4244
Mobile: 0413 161 708