[IRCServices] Chanserv UNBAN bug?

M mark at ctcp.net
Fri Feb 18 16:41:05 PST 2005

JASON M wrote:
> I don't appreciate getting e-mails like this,

While I appreciate your upset over the quoted portion of the personal e-mail
you received, this is a public list so it is inappropriate for you to
forward an email to this list that was never part of this list in order to
respond. The w**ker that sent the email obviously knew better than to make
his comments publicly since if he had, you would not have had to defend
yourself alone. However, your public response utilising a private e-mail
does you no favours regardless of provocation. This list is purely for
discussion of IRCServices and not a personal boxing ring.

Without wanting to further cause upset, but since it is now a topic you have
chosen to raise on list and might be relevant to other posters now and in
the future, you might want to drop personal information such as telephone
numbers from your sig. IIRC, all mails to this list are available to anyone
who chooses to browse the list archives including search engines. I would
advise against offering personal information to this level on public forums.

M.