[IRCServices] IRC Services on IA64

Andrey V. Elsukov elsukov at rdu.kirov.ru
Wed May 4 21:15:14 PDT 2005

Andrew Church wrote:
>      I took a look at the one working link on the page you gave (which is
> also 5.0.49, but putting that aside for the moment); from what I can tell,
> you have a buggy compiler.  If you give me access to the machine in
> question I can see if it's an easy workaround, but other than that all I
> can suggest is to use the latest version of GCC.

I don't have access to this machine, this is package build cluster of
FreeBSD Project. I am only port maintainer.. And i can't found IA64 for
testing. :(

Maybe -fPIC gcc option can solve this problem?
http://freebsd.rambler.ru/bsdmail/freebsd-ia64_2004/msg00100.html

Currently i make patch to freebsd port and send to committers. If it
will help, i shall make a configure script patch.
--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov