[IRCServices] IRC Services on IA64

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Thu May 5 14:51:41 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 02:48:11AM +0900, Andrew Church wrote:
> >Maybe -fPIC gcc option can solve this problem?
> >http://freebsd.rambler.ru/bsdmail/freebsd-ia64_2004/msg00100.html
>
>      That may work as well, but I recommend using static modules
> (configure -use-static-modules) as it doesn't involve patching source or
> Makefiles.

./configure -cflags -fPIC built cleanly on pluto1.freebsd.org (900.00-Mhz
Itanium 2, FreeBSD 5.4-RC3, gcc 3.4.2). The executable works, however I have
not gone through the process of setting up a set of config files with modules
to see if it loads and uses them properly. I don't currently have the time or
resources for it. I will see about poking at the problem more later.
Possibly this weekend.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org