[IRCServices] OperServ help

Terry terry at bluelight.org.uk
Tue Jul 26 14:51:10 PDT 2005

I want to give a user as much perms as possible so i can admin the
server from work

I did
/msg OperServ  OPER ADD user

That use the other end then logged in and did

/msg NickServ IDENTIFY password

Then tried to
/msg operserv USERLIST as an example which gave permission  denied.

In the logs it shows

[Jul 26 22:32:29 2005] operserv/main: Non-oper user at blah sent: USERLIST.

So i am not quite sure where the problem lays.
I think this is what i need.

*F.6. Trying to use OperServ gives me "Access denied", but my nick is in
the ServicesRoot directive and is registered, and I've identified for my
nick.*

   You need to be opered (i.e. user mode +o from using /oper; this is
   different from channel operator mode) to access OperServ.

But i dont under stand this part ( user mode +o from using /oper; t )
   Cheers