[IRCServices] Problem with IRCservices connection to UnrealIRCD

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Oct 14 18:36:13 PDT 2005

>> w00t, from the UnrealIRCD.com forums told me that there's maybe a rather obscure option in the ircservices config which I have to enable and I should post to this mailing list. So I hope that you guys can help me, please.
>
>Yeah, I'm not 100% sure on this - but I seem to remember somebody else
>having the same problem, and finding there was an option related to
>pings or something?

     There was a similar problem report on the list a few months back
(2005/7/10), but no replies, and I never found anything that looked like it
could be a problem.  Given that this seems to be a rare occurrence, my gut
instinct is that somewhere between Services and Unreal the linefeeds are
getting mangled, resulting in Unreal not finding the SERVER message and
replying, but I have no idea where this could be happening, and without a
packet dump I can't even check whether that's really the case or not in the
first place.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/