[IRCServices] Issue with ./convert-db in 5.0.56

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Jan 20 11:46:52 PST 2006

>    I have an issue with convert-db in ircservices 5.0.56 that I need help
>with.  A network wants to link with me that is using Anope 1.7x and his
>oper.db file cannot be read by the converter.  Here is the exact error:
>
>Found Epona/Anope 1.4.1+ databases
>Read error on /home/bondageradio/ircd/ircservices/lib/csdata/oper.db
>
>If there is a way to fix this or even get the converter to bypass oper.db
>I'd appreciate it.  TIA

     It's possible that the database format has changed in recent Anope
releases.  I'll take a look at the most recent code, and make any changes
needed for the next release; if you can send me (privately) a copy of your
oper.db file, that would help as well.

     If I can find any obvious problems, I'll try to make a new release as
soon as possible, but as a temporary workaround, edit tools/convert-epona.c
and delete the line that reads "epona_load_oper(sourcedir);" (around line
657), then recompile and reinstall Services.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/