[IRCServices] nick registration without email

Anton Wolkov phan70m at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 09:24:05 PST 2006

I've seen networks who use auth code as a captcha method, they print it back
to the user hoping it won't be caught by an evil script and only a real
person would know what to do with it.
it's not a good idea, because a simple regexp can catch this.
i am using libgd and a php cron to email the auth code inside an image
attached to the letter.
this also eliminates the need for me to check whether the @host.com points
to the same address as the host of the client, because i simply don't care,
no bot in hell will be able to just understand the auth code.