[IRCServices] feature info

My Public Email ContactBox at flashmail.com
Sun Apr 30 04:48:20 PDT 2006

Hiya,

I was looking at the code for various commands, to add a feature that seems
simple in theory.

I'm using Unreal, and the problem is that I want to be able to use
time-specified bans (or akicks), but have chanserv expire them after the
time's up. So that a channel op can set a 2 hour ban, or 3 day ban to deal
with minor disruptive conduct, and the limit will be honored and doesn't
rely on the op remembering to turn the ban off when it expires 3 days later.
What I'd *really* like is an extended AKICK option format:

AKICK channel ADD mask [?d?h?m] [reason]
ie, if the 1st word in "reason" is a date format, it's taken as a ban
time-limit.

Or maybe a new option with that functionality (for compatibility):
AKICK channel TADD mask time [reason]

And separately, I guess, two other minor tweaks to match this:  AKICK
VIEW/LIST shows current time to expiry (or "indefinite"), and the "you are
not allowed to join this channel" message states if applicable "(temp ban,
?d?h?m remaining)".

As a further comment on AKICK, it'd be nice (if possible) if it listed bans
by number (like memos are listed), so that one didnt have to retype the mask
but could just replace <mask> by <number> in AKICK commands, if desired.

Questions:

** Does something that does this exist? It'd be useful for sure!
** If not is anyone able to help write a patched version of autokick.c, to
do this?
** If not can someone at least outline what's needed step by step, to
achieve this? Is it just autokick.c or many other files too that would be
modded?

Many thanks!